HOW MUCH WILL IT COST YOU TO DEVELOP A MOBILE
APPS: FIND OUT IN 4 STEPS
The first step is to choose the best application option, the most applicable of which are the following:
- Point of sale, with an increased level of convenience. It is used in online stores, delivery services, and educational companies. The software in this case is a showcase, an online cash register and a channel for marketing and communication with customers, which makes it easier to promote goods and services. It can also include catalogs, promotional and discount sections, online chat, a shopping cart, a section for customer requests, an ordering system, and so on.
- Loyalty support. Most often used when there is no need to sell anything via the Internet. The app will show the current catalog or a list of promotional offers, save the user's card data or a list of what is planned to buy, give a discount when paying at the checkout.
- Customer Service. It is an excellent choice for Internet service providers, telecom operators and those companies for which maintaining feedback from customers and solving their problems is a priority task. The application allows you to urgently process a client's request and then encourage him to return through push notifications, which will contain information about the starting stock or discounts. Based on the need, our experts can be connected to the bot, which automates the operation of the support department.
- Content Delivery. The application can be executed as a complete product for media resources, through which users will get acquainted with news and other material, participate in discussions, and search for information. It could also become an additional function which would be applicable in such areas as real estate, which would be conducive to publishing useful articles in separate sections, searching for comments from lawyers and optimal solutions for redevelopment, and so on.
- Interactive services. Developing an application in this case will help with training, bookkeeping, finding jobs or job applicants. A light version will also be applicable when your business is not focused on providing services. For example, in a program to be used in the fitness industry, it is possible to implement a number of useful tools such as a calorie-counting system, a workout planner or a vitamin reminder.
- A tool for use within the company. Allows you to automate processes and ensure communication. And the salesman will not have to make a call to the warehouse to clarify the availability of any product, because all the information will be in front of his eyes. It will even be clear how quickly the goods will be available to the customer. Thus it will be possible to reduce the number of mistakes made by the warehouse staff and increase the efficiency of interaction between the company's departments.
In addition to this on applications in smartphones, tablets there is the possibility of introducing additional mini-scenarios: navigators, which are able to lay the best route from point to point, elements of feedback and gamification.
Thus, the development of a mobile app is already a matter of the near future for you. On this basis, it is necessary to understand what the financial and time losses will be, and how the price will be formed. The budget for this development is calculated in four steps.
At the initial stage, you will definitely need sketches, which are preliminary sketches from which it will be roughly clear how the application will look like. If the sketches are intelligible, it will allow you to quickly find a development team and save you from unplanned expenses on salaries for the workers who will do it.
Such work will cost about 10 thousand rubles, but the main screens can, in principle, be created by yourself. We are talking about such as authorization, registration. In order to do this qualitatively, we recommend using special applications such as Marvel, Gravitec, and Mockitt.
Here you must immediately determine how big your company is: either it is a huge corporation or it is a small business. In the first case, this stage is no longer relevant, but in the second case it plays an important role.
If you have a startup or a small company, if you have ready-made sketches and a great desire to create an application that will bring benefits and income, without excessive costs, you should not rush to develop a full-fledged application. The thing is that the scale of your project is not so great to use all the features of the product, so you can remove a number of features, such as the need for payment, built-in chat, personal account, linking to accounts in search engines, push-notifications.
Let's walk through the listed functions:
- Chat. Used when there is a need to exchange confidential data with customers, or when you want to have a basic chatbot.
- The need for payment. The function is in demand only when there is a large flow of orders, and this is not your situation.
- Push notifications. A great tool used to notify the user about the status of their order, discounts, and bonuses. But this requires a large audience, which is not there yet.
- Linking to search engine accounts. Required only when the company cooperates with retail outlets. Again, not your case.
- Personal office. A small business can get by with a mobile ordering service, which sends the completed order to managers.
If you exclude these tools, it will allow you not to pay around 400 thousand rubles for a project, which is exactly to the advantage of start-up companies. But large corporations may lose profits in the future.
To create a quality mobile offering, you need a maximum of seven specialists:
- Project Manager. Coordinates the activities of the working department.
- Designer. Works on the visual part of the future application. It is this employee will significantly affect the cost of development, both upward and downward. For a more accurate understanding of the price, the entire design system should be precisely defined, since the introduction of new, unspecified elements can significantly increase the programming time.
- Analyst. He is engaged in the study of the target audience, prepares the TOR and conducts a description of the entire project concept.
- Developers. They work on writing the architecture of the app and writing code. Here you need to understand what OS your application will run on: iOS or Android. If you expect to interest an affluent audience, then choose the first option, and if you want to work with not particularly solvent customers, then you need to turn to the second one.
- Frontend and backend developers. Both of these specialists do critical work with servers and browsers.
- Tester. Checks if the application works correctly after development is complete.
After that, the main thing will be to deal with the components of the created product and determine how complex it turned out to be clear how many employees will work on your project.
- A simple application. It usually doesn't need a backend, API, or admin panel. You can register through social networks, and you don't need to connect to search engines either. Only one platform is involved, which is very useful for small business projects. Development takes an average of 300 working hours and costs from 0.5 million rubles.
- Medium application. Client-server interaction, admin panel are used. In addition, chats and payment systems are connected. It takes from 600 to 1200 hours to create it, which will cost from one to two million in local currency.
- A complex application. To the tools listed above, the ability to process video and audio is added, the number of screens is increased, and third-party services are tied in. Two platforms are used. All this requires from two thousand hours of work and payment from three million rubles.
Obviously, once the development work is done, the customer will continue to carry the investment. If you want to stay in the market and not lose customers, you have to be prepared to monitor your competitors regularly, trying to stay ahead of them, and respond adequately to the changing desires of your audience.